Licensing and use - FAQ
Licensing is a world I'm needing to get to learn a bunch about, super fast. As I do, the list of questions/answers on this page will grow in number and intelligence. Please DO NOT take this information as actionable truth, I'm no expert.
- Do you License your music? Yes! Unless specifically stated, all the music in my catalog will be licensed.
- How can I obtain a License? Click on the "Contact" link or email me email@example.com and someone will reach out to you.
- How long do your license agreements last? This depends on the placement and other details of the agreement.
- Are your songs for sale? Depends on the terms of the deal we broker, and which song.
- Can I use parts of your words and melodies in my music? In order to do this and avoid a lawsuit, we must be contacted and agree on shares/ratio of songwriting credit for the modified works in their finished state.
- Can I cover your tune on YouTube or on my own record? It's customary to contact the songwriter and get permission for this type of use, especially if it's use is promotional (pumping your catalog or personal brand widely) or commercial (for sale).