[name tbd] the next 5
The second EP release of five songs will come from two production studios. Four of the five songs are being produced by Stefan Girardet, who is also a co-writer on the tunes. The last one listed will be produced by the jazz/pop crossover duet of Tuck & Patti, helping me give the song the poignance and intimacy it requires.
- These Roots: Coming out of the fog, knowing where you're planted, and committing to staying there. "Desire's lost it's hold on me ..."
- Harder for me: Who am I? I'm a fraud, why does this life seem like a huge effort for me, and so easy for everyone else?
- To Late: Educational privilege and the blind-eye most see it with. "Too late to fill her empty head ...".
- My Fire: The world is a tangle of ups/downs/complexity when I'm in it ... but when I'm "warming the hive, my fire is yours ...".
- Ten Years Hence: An art piece more than a pop song, written for my mother, still here in every way for me, 10 years after her death.